Friday, January 20, 2017

Contemplative

This week our photography challenge was "Contemplative".    I had all sorts of intentions of going out and finding the perfect view - the hills, the mountains, the river etc.   However, a "shot to the knee" forced me closer to home.    This is the photo I chose.

What am I looking at here and contemplating.....what do I see?   First of all, I am looking at an old decaying tree trunk in my backyard.  I am contemplating all the rings, all the different colored areas...some light, some dark yet I still see the structure of rings!  What I see can be applied personally or to our world in general.   We all have that bright light within us.    It radiates out into our world and our connections with other people and life in general.   Sometimes we go through dark periods and emerge, sometimes not.  Sometimes our light is sharp and defined - other times a bit blurry.    Yet our structure and purpose (rings) is still visible if we but look.

These are my "also ran"!    I almost chose the fence - then the tree.    The mossy stepping stone I just liked!


Here is my fence - with one slat out of place.   Contemplating all the perfectly straight boards and in place.....yet, the one who dares to be different. 

 This looks like a lost city to me.....




My Japanese Maple Tree - again on the theme of no matter how we branch out - we are all connected.    Some of us venture far - others stay close to the trunk!



No comments:

Post a Comment