Monday, June 5, 2017

Resisting...

I recently created two pieces of art to be entered to the Threads of Resistance exhibition  http://threadsofresistance.org/home.html.   Sadly, neither was chosen to travel.    There were 500 entries and only 62 could be chosen.    However, it does not diminish my feeling, motivation and determination to resist all things awful happening in our political climate right now.  

The first one is taken from a photo I took of my granddaughter while skyping one day.    Most of my sadness involves what is happening to our planet, our society, our rights....especially women's rights....as the drama plays out. 


I created the background as a dictionary definition of all the meanings of "resist" and "resistance".    The third column is the word "resist" in all languages.....appropriate as many nations and countries have joined us in our concern for our country.    "She" is portrayed as a silhouette.....she represents "ALL" girls who long to grow up and be what they want in a safe environment.   

"The Future Belongs to Her".

I have entered this quilt also to Global Murmurs.

"Respect Existence or Expect Resistance"

I believe that all persons should be allowed to love whoever they want, despite their gender or race.    We are way past time in our society and lives that we should be able to accept all peoples, and allow them to live in peace without fear of discrimination.





No comments:

Post a Comment