Thursday, August 17, 2017

Hibiscus Beauty

I have 4 beautiful hibiscus right now.   Two are hardy and two are tropical.   

This is my oldest one....I moved it to this house from our former house 7 years ago....so it is older than that.   With all the rain, it is thriving this year.  



So, deciding one was not enough, I recently bought a companion so it wouldn't be lonely...

   

Both of these of the hardy variety have blooms at least 8 inches in diameter. 

Then I have this tropical.....a variety called Mandarin Orange...


I said, I have 4.... and that is true.    The other one is yellow.   However, the resident deer decided they liked it more than I could and chewed it down,    It is rebounding and I am hopeful for more flowers before the season ends.   This is what it looked like before being eaten.....


In addition, here are two gorgeous hibiscus.   One is very small and it is a round bloom.   The other is huge after 3 years and it is called "Limelight".    It has the cone shaped blooms.  




1 comment:

  1. Wow, you flowers are lovely. They put mine to shame. My hibicus won't probably flower for another month, though their cousins, the hollyhocks are in bloom.

    ReplyDelete